Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Bowfin in Florida

Bowfin in Florida, an Underrated Gamefish!

Nice Bowfin!

I went to a very nice lake near Linger Lodge. Linger Lodge is a camp ground and old style trailer camp. Folks from all over the United States have been visiting since a long, long time ago.

I saw the fish near the shore, and I cast to it with a bread ball. It took it and I had a big fight on my hands! I finally got it in. I used my needle nose pliers to pull the hook out, it had big teeth that looked sharp so I wasn't going to put my fingers near his mouth.

The Bowfin is a really fun fish to catch and puts up a really big fight!
Tight lines!
Blake Rasch

2 comments:

Michael Lee said...

Hello Blake!

That's a great looking fish you have there! I hope you get a lot more of them, and I sure would like to see what else you catch! Keep on posting!

Keep your fletching dry!
Michael Lee
Michael Lee's Stickbow Archery Blog
Stickbow Archery.com

Michael Spinelli said...

Well, that sounds very exciting! I hope you catch even more of them.

Cheers,
Mike S
Outdoor Travels and Adventures!